DIY Felt Eucalyptus Stems
Learn to make your own felt eucalyptus stems.
In this tutorial, I will show you how to make your own felt eucalyptus leaf stems. These are super easy and fun to make, anyone can do it! Use the eucalyptus stems as greenery in a felt flower bouquet, or as a bouquet on its own. These make great DIY gifts, I paired my eucalyptus bouquets with the Ikea Livsverk Vase in the above photo and gifted them to my daughter's daycare teachers. Note: to use for the Ikea Vase, I had to cut my stems down by 1 inch. I also had to 'stuff' the neck with the leaves so that they would stay in place.
- Floral wire (also available on our website here) - I use 22 gauge wire but any will do (I recommend anything between 18-22 gauge, the higher the gauge, the thinner the wire)
- Wire cutter: I used stems in varying lengths - 9, 10.5, 11, 11.5, and 12 inches
- Fine tip glue gun (also available on our website here)
- 1" circle die cuts in wool blend felt. You can make about 5 stems as pictured above with one set of our die cuts (67 circles used).
Pinch the bottom of the circle in half to make a faint crease so you know where to put the glue.
Place a small dot of glue at the bottom of the circle.
Place the wire on the glue and pinch the circle around the wire.
Repeat with another circle for the next layer.
Place another circle on the opposite side.
Pull the circles down and shape as desired. You can also leave them as is for a different look.
Continue adding layers as desired.
- 6 layers on the 9" stem (11 circles)
- 7 layers on the 10.5", 11", and 11.5" stems (13 circles each)
- 9 layers on the 12" stem (17 circles)
And voila! Isn't it so cute? Let us know if you give this a try and tag us @canadianfeltshop on Instagram! You can keep going and make a whole bunch as pictured below. The colours used were mediterranean mist and confederate blue. There are so many greens this would look great with!
I make a small commission for purchases made through the Amazon affiliate links.