DIY Felt Ball Garland
Learn how to make your own felt ball garland! Garlands are fun and easy to make and are super cute for decor. You can customize the colours for your theme and incorporate adorable felt shapes as well!
What you need:
- Felt balls - I like to use 25mm size balls
- Colours used: Wheat, Nude, Marigold, Terracotta, Terracotta Brown
- Felt rainbows in Neutral Terracotta Brown
- Yarn darners (needles)
- Cotton thread like Size 5 DMC Petra crochet cotton thread or embroidery floss (Note: Pictured is size 10 DMC cotton thread but I like size 5 better i.e. thinner). If you only need a small quantity, go with the embroidery floss.
- Pliers (optional for hard to pull through shapes/balls)
Decide how long you would like your garland, this one is 5ft long with 20 felt balls and 3 felt shapes. Loop the end of the thread so you can hang the garland when finished. Thread the yarn darner and poke through the felt ball down the middle.
Continue threading the felt balls in the pattern you'd like.
For felt shapes, it is important to thread through the top half of the shape so that when it is hanging, the shape hangs properly.
Pliers are optional but are useful for hard to pull through shapes or balls.
Hold the garland up to make sure it hangs properly before you move on.
Continue with your pattern.
Balls are adjustable and can be spaced however you like. The felt balls will stay in place by themselves but can easily be moved as well.